D’BI.YOUNG ANITAFRIKA INVITES APPLICANTS FOR A PART-TIME ADMIN ASSOCIATE POSITION. this 6 month contract runs from november 2013 to april 2014 with the possibility of extension. see below for further details.
Interested applicants should:
a.provide a cover letter and cv
b.contact d’bi.young anitafrika for an interview @ email@example.com
November 2013 to April 2014
This is a multi-faceted role that involves admin, editing, research, proof-reading, international liaising, and occasional travel.
To provide efficient and responsive administrative, organizational, and logistical support to d’bi.young anitafrika, assisting her in managing and prioritizing creative projects as well as researching, editing, and proof-reading for several upcoming projects.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY DUTIES
PART-TIME ADMIN ASSOCIATE
• Manage and maintain ms. anitafrika’s diary
• Ensure busy diary commitments, papers, and travel arrangements are managed effectively including producing a daily folder with diary, necessary papers, etc. and troubleshooting problems
• Conduct weekly diary meetings with ms. anitafrika to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests
• Schedule on behalf of ms. anitafrika meetings between her and her colleagues
• Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements in connection with others and ensure arrangements in place for ms. anitafrika match her requirements
• Filter general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to ms. anitafrika by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate
• Manage the process of calling for briefing on behalf of ms. anitafrika from start to finish to ensure that she is fully prepared for all engagements
• Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf ms. anitafrika
• Prepare correspondence on behalf ms. anitafrika, including the drafting of general replies
• Update websites representing d’bi.young anitafrika’s creative projects
• Provide a service that is in line with ms. anitafrika’s work habits and preferences
• Complete research on behalf of ms. anitafrika for her various art projects
• Be primary research assistant
• Edit and proof-read writings on behalf of ms. anitafrika
• Support in the research and development of the YEMOYA international artist residency
PERSON SPECIFICATION – Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills
• Have a personal computer to work on
• Demonstrable experience in an administration/executive assistant/PA role requiring tact, judgment and discretion(essential)
• Experience of diary management/researching and booking of travel and accommodation (essential)
• Experience of successfully working (essential)
• Public sector experience, for example, in a theatre company or arts organization would be an advantage (desirable)
• Must be proficient with the keyboard and IT applications
• Expert level in the use of mail organizing program eg. Outlook.
• Intermediate level in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and WordPress. (all essential):
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and organize others.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to professionally represent d’bi.young anitafrika’s projects.
• Excellent ability to research, edit and proof read.
• Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team
• Attention to detail and deadlines
• Ability to filter information and assess priorities
SUMMARY OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
$15 an hour @ 10 hours per week
Tuesdays and Thursdays 5 hours per day – 10am-4pm (exclusive of lunch breaks)
The candidate is responsible for their own health coverage